Basic Things to Consider When Purchasing A Second Hand Phone
10 January 2016
You glance the phone you currently desire as you pass a display case. Always one to window shop, you take a closer look. Something is not quite right. The price is significantly low. You ascertain from the clerk that the phone is used. Purchasing a second-hand phone saves you a few dollars but here are a few things to consider before you hand over your money:
- Am I purchasing from a reputable source? – A dealer in a certain phone would definitely be an authority on the working condition and you want to make sure you aren’t buying stolen goods.
- Inspect the phone physically. – Look for scratches, dents, and water damage especially on the camera lens(es).
- Open whatever opens. – Test all covers, flaps, and ports especially slots for microSD or SIM cards.
- Is the phone unlocked? – A locked phone will be of no use to you and you just might struggle when you put it up for resale.
- Test overall functionality. – Plug your earphones into the phone and see if they work. Check the accessories that go with it. Ensure that it is charging. Insert your SIM and memory cards then send text messages, interact with the personalization features, make a call, and browse your files or a website. Run the service code test to check if the parts of the phone are working. Google the code for the device you wish to buy.
Perform these basic tests and hope for the best as you purchase your second-hand phone or leave it in our capable hands here at repair labs. We will ensure that you get the best service from your second-hand phone.